SCM

Forum: Alioth partially down

Posted by: Roland Mas
Date: 2003-11-22 11:18
Summary:Alioth partially down
Project:Site Admin

Hi there,

As you may be aware by now, some Debian machines have been seriously compromised. You can read the initial public announcement on http://cert.uni-stuttgart.de/files/fw/debian-security-20031121.txt and some sort of status report on http://www.wiggy.net/debian.xhtml

To sum it up: LDAP authentication has been turned off on most if not all *.debian.org machines. For Alioth, that means:
- no shell access;
- no CVS over SSH (and quite possibly no anonymous CVS over pserver either);
- no Subversion either;
- no e-mail to <login>@users.alioth.debian.org;
- no e-mail to <list>@lists.alioth.debian.org either;
- probably no FTP.

What's left, you may ask? I believe the following services to still be up, but I may be wrong on some of them:
- web interface;
- bug/patch/feature request/support request trackers (although e-mail notification may not work reliably);
- task/project managers (same thing about notification);
- project administration;
- documentation manager;
- file releases (barring e-mail monitoring);
- code snippets;
- forums (blah blah monitoring);
- news;
- surveys.

I also think the daily generated tarballs of your CVS repositories should be working. If you need urgent access to it, you can download it (from the "project admlin" page and use it on another server.

We obviously apologise for the inconvenience, and we'll keep you informed when the situation changes. You may want to check the Alioth homepage from time to time, where we'll make our announcements. Also check the previously mentioned sites.This project has not yet categorized itself in the Trove Software Map

Latest News

Alioth upgraded to FusionForge 5.0

Roland Mas - 2010-04-12 08:49 -

Key-based SSH access restored

Raphaël Hertzog - 2008-05-26 10:43 -

Public key logins temporarily disabled

Roland Mas - 2008-05-13 12:46 -

Old Alioth database restored

Raphaël Hertzog - 2007-02-18 18:05 -

Alioth documentation in the Wiki

Raphaël Hertzog - 2005-07-19 07:31 -
Monitor Forum | Start New Thread Start New Thread