SCM

[#313301] adding comments leads to an "Internal Server Error"

View Trackers | bugs | Export CSV

[#313301] adding comments leads to an "Internal Server Error"

Submitted by:
IOhannes zmölnig (zmoelnig-guest)
Date Submitted:
2011-08-18 15:39
Date Closed:
2012-03-25 17:18
status:
Assigned to:
Nobody (None)
Priority:
3
Summary*:
adding comments leads to an "Internal Server Error"

Detailed description
i just uploaded a package to mentors.debian.net, and thought it a good idea to add some additional info about my own package using the "Comments" feature.

unfortunately, whenever i add a new comment and click the "Submit" button, i am redirected to an "Internal Server Error" page.

this made me go back and try again (and again)

it now turns out that the adding of the comments worked fine (so i now have identical comments on my packages site)


it would be great if:
- added a comment would return me to the original page (with the new comment added)
- i could delete comments (at least my own ones)

i understand that the latter is not easy to do (from a political point of view), therefore it would be great if one of the admins could remove those comments manually from http://mentors.debian.net/package/assimp

Add A Comment: Notepad

Followups: Sort comments antichronologically

Message
Date: 2011-09-18 15:19
Sender: Bart Martens

I can't reproduce this problem. Already solved ?
Date: 2011-09-18 17:52
Sender: IOhannes zmölnig

i still get a "internal server error" when submitting a comment to my own package (i don't dare to add a comment to somebody else's package just for testing purposes)

the original multiple entries in the assimp package have vanished because i deleted the package from mentors.d.n and re-uploaded it.
Date: 2012-03-25 17:18
Sender: Nicolas Dandrimont

As far I can tell, this was due to a lack of proper encoding on the outbound emails from debexpo. The issue was reproducible by :

- Uploading a package
- Subscribing to it
- Adding a comment from an account with a non-ASCII name

The email that is supposed to be sent to the subscribee would make python crash, as python expected pure ascii.

I fixed that by properly MIME-encoding the outbound emails.

Cheers,
Nicolas

Existing Files:

Attach Files




Attached Files:

Change Log:

Field Old Value Date By
status_idOpen2012-03-25 17:18dandrimont-guest
close_dateNone2012-03-25 17:18dandrimont-guest
statusOpen2012-03-25 17:18dandrimont-guest
Powered By FusionForge